Your search results

Spanish Tax for residents

If you live in Spain for six months (183 days) or more of the calendar year (not necessarily consecutively) or you have your main interests in Spain (eg your family or business is in Spain), you are then classed as a Spanish resident for tax purposes.

As a Spanish resident, you must submit a Spanish tax return and pay Spanish income tax on your worldwide income.

This is applicable when:

  • Your annual income from employment is more than €22,000;
  • You are self-employed or run your own business;
  • You receive rental income in excess of €1,000 a year;
  • You have capital gains and savings income above €1,600 a year;
  • You must declare all assets abroad in excess of €50,000. Your taxable income is the income remaining following deductions for payments to social security in Spain, pension and professional costs.

Essential Properties can assist you with any questions and submit your tax returns.

Contact Us

Compare Listings